About the Firm
Experienced Alabama Trial Lawyer Protects Your Rights
John G. Scherf, IV advocates for clients in personal injury, criminal defense, and family law matters
My practice, Scherf Law Firm, L.L.C., is committed to providing residents of Covington, Jefferson, and Conecuh Counties with the representation they need in difficult times. Since 1995, I have worked hard for Alabamians who’ve sought my help for personal injury, auto accidents, worker's compensation, social security disability, criminal defense, and family law matters. I’ve proudly practiced law in Alabama for more than 26 years and am dedicated to providing you with skilled advocacy and knowledgeable advice no matter how complex your case.
Esteemed law firm committed to finding the best legal solution
When choosing an attorney, it’s important to find someone who is not only well versed in the law but also trustworthy and effective. Residents of Covington, Jefferson, and Conecuh Counties seek my help because they know I am:
- Efficient — With my many years of experience handling injury, disability, criminal defense, and family law cases, I guide my clients through the legal system efficiently and effectively so they can get the help they need as quickly as possible.
- Knowledgeable — As a practicing attorney in Alabama for more than two decades, I have represented clients in both civil and criminal cases. My in-depth knowledge of the law and an understanding of our local courts offer clients a distinct advantage.
- Highly regarded — I believe in doing all I can for my clients. For me, this means affording everyone who walks through my firm’s door the personalized attention their case deserves. That commitment has led both clients and colleagues to recommend me to those they care about.
I believe the best way to help you is to act as your partner in seeking justice. My years of experience have served to make me the skilled lawyer you deserve.
Areas of Practice
Experienced representation for a range of practice areas
John G. Scherf, IV
provides skilled representation to the people of Alabama who need legal assistance for:
- Auto accidents — Alabama laws don’t make it easy to get damages for car accidents. But if someone else is at fault for your injuries, I will press for the compensation you deserve. Sometimes, however, this is not enough. I can help you determine the best course of action when you are faced with severe injuries or property damage because of someone else’s negligence.
- Workers’ compensation — If you’ve been injured on the job, you have a right to workers’ compensation benefits. At my firm, I am committed to helping injured clients obtain the payments they deserve for medical expenses and lost wages.
- Slip and fall accidents — Property owners have a responsibility to ensure their properties are safe and that any known dangers such as slippery or uneven surfaces are dealt with or marked appropriately. When property owners fail in this duty, and you slip and fall on their premises as a result, I will help you hold them accountable for the harm you’ve suffered.
- Social Security Disability — If your claim for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) has been denied, as many are initially, I will help you bolster your case for the payments you deserve when you’re injured and unable to work.
- Criminal defense — I offer strong criminal defense representation to clients facing misdemeanor and felony charges so that their rights are upheld.
- Defective products — If a dangerous drug, defective medical device or another type of faulty product has injured you, I will press for damages to hold negligent parties accountable.
- Family law — I guide clients through family law matters such as divorce and custody to protect their children, finances and future.
For assistance in any of these areas, you can count on receiving knowledgeable advice and sound counsel dedicated to your best interests. And for personal injury cases, I work on contingency, so you owe nothing unless you recover damages.
Contact a reputable Alabama injury, defense, and family law attorney for a free initial consultation.
If you need help with a personal injury or disability matter, defense of criminal charges, or assistance with a family law dispute, John G. Scherf, IV
is committed to finding the optimal legal resolution for you. My offices are located in Andalusia and Birmingham to best serve residents of Covington, Jefferson, and Conecuh Counties. Please call 844-200-5495 or contact me online
to schedule a free consultation.